Elder Coleman

Elder Coleman

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Week #1 -- Distrito Lucas! Tasty food y (and) Headaches.. jaja (ha ha)

July 27, 2015:

Mi Familia y Amigos!!  :)  

Como Esta Usted!?!  :)

Well, this first week traveling to, and in the CCM (MTC) has been an adventure!

I left on Tuesday night and flew to LAX. (In SLC there were about 10 other missionaries with me) I met about 34 other missionaries there and we waited for a while to board our flight to Guatemala City. (It was delayed for about an hour) then during the flight, we made an emergency stop in Mexico City for someone having medical problems.  It was pretty crazy.  We sat in the airplane for another 2 hours at the Mexico airport then we finally flew to Guatemala City!! :) We ended up being about 4 hours late.. haha.

Then we took a few busses to the CCM (MTC), through Guatemala City and we were all just so pumped!! :)  We arrived and we got packets with info and our plaques in them!  :)  It was so awesome to put on my mission plaque (name tag) for the first time!  :)  Then we were assigned rooms, beds and districts.  It is pretty exciting to start out!  Well, even though we were all beat, we started up classes.  I still didn't know who my companion was.  Our teachers are Hermano (Brother) Garcia y Hermana (Sister) Giron. They are both so great and they push us very hard, which is good.  

Español (Spanish) pretty much was one of the most stressful things ever for the first 4 days.. haha.  We have been taught sooo much, and I wasn't remembering it very well so I was getting frustrated and stressed out.  I kept getting mad at myself and it obviously wasn't helping me out at all..  We had to memorize the Objetivo Misional (Missionary's Purpose) y Invitación Bautizado (Batismal Invitation) y Primero Visión (First Vision) this past week and I was stressing hard core..  Well, on Domingo (Sunday, right? haha), we had a ton of amazing firesides/devotionals and the very last on was on Perseverar hasta el fin (endure to the end).  I felt like God had this devotional just for me.  I was struggling with Español (Spanish) and I was getting down on myself and I was not improving because I was so stressed about the language... but this devotional helped me gain mas fe (more faith) and It helped me see that If I have fe (faith) and if I just work hard and trust in the Lord, then the Español will come. It was an amazing spiritual experience and I felt el Espíritu Santo (the Holy Ghost) so much!  :)

Oh, mi compañero (companion) is Elder Cope and he is from Draper, Utah.  He was pretty quiet the first few days, but he has opened up and I enjoy being compañeros with him. :) We taught a lesson to an investigador named Ana (all in Español) on Friday and It was super rough... Mi compañero (My companion) wouldn't talk unless it was completely written down and I grabbed the wrong notebook... I grabbed my gramática (grammar) notebook instead of my plan de lección (lesson plan) notebook... ay ay ay... It was pretty bad and she turned us down to pray and to come to church... haha, it was a learning experience, though, because the next day, we taught her again and even though we didn't have enough time to prepare and finish our Plan de lección (lesson plan), it went much better and she accepted to come to church, leer a capitulo in de LDM (read a chapter in the Book of Mormon), and she said the closing oración (prayer) in our lección (lesson)!  The español (Spanish) was still rough, but it went much better overall. :)  

Oh, on my flight to LAX, I sat alone with an older guy. his name was Erv. He was a cool guy who had traveled all over the world and we talked for a while.  Then I was prompted to ask him if I could practice teaching a lección (lesson) to him, but he declined.. It was cool to see that I had courage to ask him!  :)  Being a missionary is so great! :)

I always tell the latinos during lunch that I only know un poco español then i say poco el poco!  :) just like my awesome sis Hermana Coleman, in Peru, always says!  The language will come poco el poco!  

The food is muy excelente! (very excellent!)  :)  I'm pretty sure that I've gained some weight alrieady, but I bet I'll lose it out in the field. haha.  They have a gourmet chef just for the missionaries and he is muy bueno! (very good) :) haha, I love it.  There is also tons of Ice cream which is delicioso! (delicious!)  :) Just know that I am eating well here!  :)  Also, during meals, we are supposed to solo hablo espanol (only speak Spanish), so I try to sit by the latinos (Latins) and chapines (Elders from Guatemala) every meal.  They are all so hilarious!  haha I love them all!  :)

Oh, and guess what?  Elder Hunter Jensen, Elder Brayden Lott, and Elder Jake Foster are all here with me!  They've been here much longer, but it is so fun to be with them!  the CCM (MTC) is small (about 130 missionaries) so I see them every meal and all over the place.  :) Oh, and the weird part is... Elder Foster is one of the Zone leaders in the CCM... haha, didn't see that coming.  JK.  He is still crazy, but he has said some great testimonies during the devotionals.  :)

Oh, they gave pretty much every new Elder a super short haircut, pretty much just a buzz, but we all have super short hair and mine is just a puff ball right now... haha.  gotta love it!

I've been super tired, and I've fallen asleep a few times in leccions (lessons) and devotionals, but I'm working hard and I'm doing well!  :)

Oh, my distrito loves to play basketball during deportes (sports) time and it is the best!  gotta love it. :) even though I'm probably the worst,, haha.

Oh, our districto (district) leader is Elder Anderson from Washington, Mom, the kid that we saw on facebook.  He is a good guy!  :)

The CCM (MTC) Presidente is awesome!  Presidente Cox is super great, and he is so great at pumping everyone up!  it is so great!  I love him!

My district is super great too!  We are district Lucas and we have so much fun and study a ton too!  :)  We always joke around and have so much fun!  :)  Sometimes we lay in our beds and talk for a while after bed time..  I know, it isn't the best, but it was fun! haha :) 

Oh, mi companero (my companion) told me that I was sleep talking a few nights ago and I was speaking espanol!  :) haha, I'm always thinking about it!  crazy...

Oh, we were able to go to the temple today and it was a great experience!  :) I'm excited to see what else P-day has in store for us!  haha. 

Well, I've thought about all of you so much and I love you all!!  :) You are all in my prayers and I would love it if you could keep me in yours!

Adios!  :)

Love,
Elder Coleman  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment